JSC “Ketonas” was established in 1994 in Klaipėda In the same year the company started its business activities opening an import-export terminal. Specialisation of the company — handling of refrigerated and non-refrigerated cargo, re-packing, warehousing, rent of warehouse facilities, wholesale and retail trade, customs brokerage services.
JSC "Ketonas" operates:
- 8000 m3 of refrigerated warehouses (capacity ≈ 6000 tons of refrigerated products) with temperature range +12С/-25С (freon and ammonia refrigerating facilities by Austrian company YORK);
- 1000 m² of dry warehouse;
- 1700 m² of administrative premises with offices for rent, a cafeteria and convenient parking area;
- 1200 m railway branch.
JSC “Ketonas” provides high quality services for its customers ensuring competent sanitary-veterinary control of relevant authorities. Klaipėda Territorial Customs Office is located in the administrative building of the company.
In 2000 JSC “Ketonas” opened its structural sub-division in Klaipėda (in the territory of the port stevedoring company SMELTĖ), which had developed into an independent business entity — JSC “Klaipėdos šaldytuvų terminalas”.
In 2003 JSC “Ketonas” received veterinary approval number — 21-03, entitling the company to perform export procedures from its warehouses to all EU countries.
JSC “Klaipėdos šaldytuvų terminalas” offers:
- modern 5-storey refrigerator (capacity ≈ 10000 tons) just at quays № 99, 100, 101;
- perfect coordination of cargo handling works (ship — warehouse; ship — wagon, trailer);
- attestation certificate for performance of cargo handling/stevedoring works (ĮFP №53/08 marine cargo handling).